Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go
ATD Las Vegas is pleased to offer our members an exclusive opportunity to meet and hear the internationally recognized authority, Dr. Beverly Kaye, on May 4, 2016 at 7:30AM.
Dr. Kaye has made her life’s work about studying career issues and helping organizations focus on career development, retention and engagement in the workplace. As founder of Career Systems International and a bestselling author on workplace performance, Dr. Kaye and her team have worked with a host of organizations to establish cutting-edge, award-winning talent development solutions.
With the fifth edition of a bestseller she coauthored, Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay, Bev addressed one of the most pressing workplace problems of the 21st century: retaining and engaging employees. Her latest book, Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Employees Want was released in September 2012…..which is the subject of this session.
Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Employees Want
In today’s business environment, talent is the major differentiator. And developing and retaining that talent is one of the most significant drivers of employee engagement…which in turn is the key to critical business outcomes like revenue, profitability, innovation, and customer loyalty.
Yet, despite the importance of career development, managers too frequently can’t find the time to make it happen. Every day, employees who believe that their careers are not getting the attention they deserve make the decision to disengage – resigning to pursue other opportunities or (even more dangerous) staying and withdrawing their engagement, motivation, and enthusiasm for the work.
So, what’s a manager to do? Plenty…and it may be easier than you expect. Quality career development boils down to quality conversations. Improve the conversation and career development improves….along with job satisfaction, retention, and results.
Dr. Beverly Kaye will show you just how simple it can be and how leaders can build career development into everyday work life – where it belongs. Practical tips, research-based recommendations, and verbal skills are offered to make career development a lot easier and more effective. This will be an interactive dialogue with Bev and your fellow HR colleagues.
Learn & Explore:
- The research-based connection between career development and business results.
- The factors (organizational and individual) that conspire to undermine career development.
- What career development means today.
- Tips, tools and techniques for positioning development as a key strategy for retention and engagement.
- How to translate development into a dynamic and organic process that’s embedded into all work and learning.
- Five steps leaders can take to begin developing others immediately.
- $10.00 Guest Fee
- ATD Las Vegas Chapter Members are FREE
- Arrive at 7:30 AM for continental breakfast
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Key Note Speaker
Allegiant Travel 1201 N. Town Center Blvd, Building 4, Las Vegas, NV 89144